Thursday 29 December 2016

Computer Experiment: Photomontage -

Computer Experiment: Photomontage - 


Original Image:




Final Image:




Technique - 


I began by opening the file and unlocking the layer. 


I repeated the first step but instead opened the second file.




To adjust the framing of the secondary layer image I hovered over the 'Crop Tool' (C) and selected the first of the list and began cropping.




Moving down the 'Create New Fill or Adjustment Layer' I then selected the 'Black and White...' option.




I did not deem it necessary to change the pre-chosen values as I was going to be adjusting the brightness and contrast afterwards anyway.




Once again returning to the 'Create New Fill or Adjustment Layer' tool I chose the 'Brightness/Contrast...' option.




Using the sliding bar I adjusted the values until the image appeared how I wanted it to. For this particular image I increased the 'Contrast' value by 20.



I then dragged the secondary file over the base layer image. 


Heading up to the 'Edit' drop down menu I selected the 'Transform' option followed by 'Scale' to amend the image ratio. I zoomed out (Cmd -) to see the outline when I was changing the scale of the image whilst holding the shift button to ensure there would be no distortion. 


Once the image was scaled I aligned it with the base layer until I was satisfied with its position. 


This is the finished image that demonstrated the John Stezaker inspired skill whilst using Photoshop editing software to create a computer experiment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment