Wednesday 28 December 2016

Print Technique: Overlay -

Print Technique: Overlay - 


Original Image:



Final Image:





Technique - 


I began by unlocking the layer. 


I then moved over the 'File' drop down menu and selected 'New...' to create a secondary document. 


Although the A4 sizing was not necessary I decided to use it out of familiarity. 


I then went over to the 'Quick Selection Tool' (W) where I outlined the subject from the photograph. 


This is the fully selected subject. 


Afterwards, I started to drag the subject across to my second, blank, document where I planned on editing the small selection. 


I repeated the process several times to ensure that I had enough subjects to drag over to the initial file once edited and ready. 


I dragged over one of the copied ghosts, still at its original opacity, and layered on top of my original image so that other ghosts that I wanted to place behind the subject would supposedly sit behind the ghost of the original image. 


I then returned to my second document where I began drastically reducing the opacity of the subjects. The opacity was reduced to 30 for this particular ghost. 


I once again dragged the ghost over to the original base file and adjusted the layers so that it fitted between 'Layer 0' and 'Layer 1' which was the fully visible duplicate of the original ghost. 


Once more I went back to the second file and reduced the opacity further, now to the value of 20. 


I repeated the process of dragging it over and placing it behind all of the prior layers to make the image appear more realistic. This is the final image and whilst it is not a traditional overlay such as the bokeh effect it fitted more so with my aesthetic when experimenting with this idea. 

1 comment:

  1. All of this is very good, you need to ensure that you explain how the meaning of the image has changed so that you are evidencing how your computer experiments has helped you to refine your photography...

    ReplyDelete