Tuesday 27 December 2016

Print Technique: Image and Text -

Print Technique: Image and Text - 


Original Image:



Final Image:





Technique - 



I begun by unlocking the layer to allow me to edit the image. 


I then moved down to the 'Create New Fill or Adjustment Layer' where I chose the 'Black and White...' option. This is not relevant to adding text but I was inspired by the work of Barbara Kruger and stylised my print technique to fit it. 


Using the slider bars to adjust the image until I was satisfied by the finished aesthetic I then entered the adjustments. 


This is the image after the black and white adjustments. 


Next, I wanted to create a background for my text box. To do this I hovered over the 'Rectangle Tool' (U) and chose the first option. 


Once having clicked the specific option I then dragged out the shape until it was appropriate for the text that was going to be placed inside of it. I then clicked onto the black box.


After having selected the black box a drop down menu of colours appeared and I chose the most aesthetically pleasing red. 


This is how the finished red box looks on the image. 


I then moved over to the 'Horizontal Type Tool' (T) where I created a text box. 


After typing the text I adjusted the colour of the typeface and the size of the font whilst leaving the font to its default setting. 


This is the first text box once finished. 


This is the fully finished product complete with the multiple text boxes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment