Monday 26 December 2016

Print Technique: Selective Colourisation -

Print Technique: Selective Colourisation - 


Original Image:



Final Image:





Technique - 


I began by unlocking the image.


Next, I hovered over the 'Quick Selection Tool' (W) and adjusted the size of tool. 



I then carefully began selecting the segment of the image that I was going to keep the colour on. The only reasoning for this is that it was a less difficult shape to select quickly. 



After having selected all of the area I then moved to the 'Select' drop down menu where I chose the 'Inverse' (Shift, Cmd, I) option as I had selected the section that I wanted to keep colourised. 



This is the inverses selection. I then moved over to the 'Create New Fill or Adjustment Layer' where I selected the 'Black and White...' option. 



The 'Black and White...' option brought up the slider bars. The slider bars change the colour values of the black and white section and can be adjusted until satisfied. 



This is the final result with only the main feature of the landscape colourised whilst the rest of the landscape and subject are in black and white. 

No comments:

Post a Comment